Still have formatting questions? – contact the Graduate School at grad_etd_inquiries@ or 970-491-6817.
May be you will laugh at me, but I want to tell you how I tryed to do correct vertical alignment without custom LaTeX server (by regular PHP plugin):
1) Take formula from the page text, for example “a^2+b^2=c^2”; check if it is already cached
2) Prepend point to it: “.a^2+b^2=c^2”
3) Render by any public LaTeX server:
4) Take image returned by server, scan it column-by-column from left to right until non-empty column will be found (that is prepended point).
5) Scan columns until empty column will be found. During scanning, remember bottommost non-empty (non-white) pixel position (this will be baseline).
6) Crop image according to empty column found: , cache cropped .png and .txt with baseline position.